Version: 16 July 2018
WHO WE ARE?
RAR Açúcar is dedicated to the refining and marketing of sugar and was founded in 1962 in Oporto, from the concentration of nine small sugar refining units in the northern region.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING
Your personal data will be processed by RAR Açúcar, TIN 500225559, located at Rua Manuel Pinto de Azevedo, 272, in Porto, phone number +351 226 194 692. (call to national fixed network)
RAR Açúcar is responsible for the processing of personal data that it collects, processes and stores, in the sense that such expressions are defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (or ‘GDPR’).
WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
RAR Açúcar only processes personal data when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations that apply to it, or such processing operation is necessary for the execution of a contract or pre-contractual procedures associated with it.
RAR Açúcar may also process information if it has a legitimate interest to do so, provided, in each case, this interest is in accordance with applicable law and the rights of the data holder. This may occur, for example, for the purpose of communicating with its clients; recruitment of employees; response to consumer complaints or providing information on the activities developed and products offered by RAR Açúcar.
When none of the other conditions of lawfulness are able to support the data processing operation, RAR Açúcar will only process the information if it has obtained the consent of the data holder to process his/her personal data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
SHARING AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
RAR Açúcar shares data with third parties, under the legal terms, under the obligation of cooperation, including, among others, the Tax and Customs Authority and Social Security.
RAR Açúcar may also transfer data to entities providing services that act exclusively under its guidance or in its support, and which respect technical and organisational measures equivalent to those to which it is bound.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
RAR Açúcar only keeps the personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. The retention periods for most of the personal data processed by RAR Açúcar result from the law or the agreements it enters into with clients, suppliers and partners. Only exceptionally does RAR Açúcar collect and process data based on its legitimate interest or the consent of the holder.
RAR Açúcar implements and ensures the maintenance of adequate means of protection, so that its internal procedures for the security of personal data are in compliance with the regulations in force. RAR Açúcar also makes all necessary efforts to ensure that contractually the third parties with whom it collaborates, as partners or service providers, guarantee the adequate protection of the personal data to which they have access. RAR Açúcar limits the access to personal data to specific employees, and only when their contact with such personal data is justified, within the scope of their functions.
RAR Açúcar takes the necessary measures to ensure the safe processing of personal data. In particular, it takes precautionary measures to protect personal data against loss or abuse and uses security procedures to prevent unauthorised access to such personal data.
EXERCISE OF RIGHTS BY THE DATA HOLDER
At any time, the data holder may:
- Request access to information – the holder of the personal data has the right to obtain confirmation that the data concerning him/her is processed or not, and, where appropriate, to access his/her personal data and access the information as provided by law.
- To request the rectification of the information if it is inaccurate or incomplete – the holder of the personal data has the right that RAR Açúcar, without undue delay, rectifies the inaccurate or incomplete data that concern him/ her.
- Request the deletion of your personal data – the holder of the personal data has the right to ask RAR Açúcar to delete his/her personal data without undue delay, and the latter has the obligation to delete the personal data without undue delay, when applicable, namely for one of the following reasons:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or processed;
- He/she is opposed to the processing and there are no prevailing legitimate interests justifying the processing; or
- He/she has withdrawn his/her consent for the processing of data (in cases where the processing is based on consent) and there is no other basis for such processing.
- Request the limitation of the processing of his/her personal data – the holder of the personal data has the right to request RAR Açúcar to limit the processing of his/her data particularly if one of the following applies:
- Challenge the accuracy of personal data for a period that allows RAR Açúcar to verify its accuracy;
- The processing of data is lawful, the data holder opposes the deletion of personal data and requests, on the other hand, the limitation of its use;
- RAR Açúcar no longer requires the personal data for processing purposes, but such data is required by the holder for the purposes of declaration, exercise or defence of a right in a judicial proceeding;
- If he/she had opposed the processing, until the legitimate reasons of the person responsible for the processing prevail over those of the data holder.
- Opposing the processing of your personal data – the data holder may oppose the processing of his/her personal data in cases where the processing of data is carried out for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by RAR Açúcar. In this situation, RAR Açúcar may demonstrate the existence of legitimate grounds that prevail over the legitimate interests of the data holder.
The data holders may, at any time, exercise their rights through the e-mail address email@example.com or by letter to the postal address Rua Manuel Pinto de Azevedo, 272, 4100-320 Porto.
Finally, you can choose to contact the Control Authority which, in Portugal, is exercised by the National Data Protection Commission, by sending your message to firstname.lastname@example.org.