- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups white RAR sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup melted margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pint salt
- Sift flour, sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add the warm milk, melted margarine, and 4 egg yolks.
- Stir well.
- In the mixer, beat the 4 egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold into the mixture gently.
- Sift the baking powder into the batter and stir gently.
- Place the batter into a tin a little larger than normal or in a square tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 ºC for about 50 minutes or until the cake is baked.